Monday, April 07, 2014

my mind has been blown

It's only been about 4 days since I last emailed, but as always so much has happened. So I could talk to you this week about how we had an awesome lesson with our new portugaise amie Sandra, or how Soeur Maigret fed us healthy food and then gave us sweaters so we wouldn't be cold on the walk home, or how Jean François baptized the love of his life, or how we ate free Chipolte. But let's be real: GENERAL CONFERENCE.

I really felt the overarching themes of this round were pure discipleship, the blessings of burdens, and storms. As always, all of my questions were answered and I have about a million new self improvement projects going into action. I find it hard to answer the question, "What part of conference did you like the most?" because let's be real, it's 10 hours and that's a lot to remember and I love everything. But I can say that my favorite part is the feeling of edification and uplift that it brings. I don't remember everything, but I remember how I felt. I think this principle is why people ever even join the church after meeting with the missionaries. The Spirit is the one doing the teaching. I was having a fear of missing out every time I saw the #LDSconf pop up in the corner of the screen, alas my conference tweets:     

*Thomas S. Monson: You gotta finish what you've already started before you can take on more. #parisfrancetemplecomingsoon
*Jeffery R. Holland: Rejection is a cost of discipleship. Yes it is worth it. #dontiknow #mashedpotatosforlater 
*Ronald A. Rasband: Love. Prayers. Appreciation.
*Carlos H. Amado: Christ heals us one by one. #newfoundappreciationforthickaccents #heyitsme
*Linda S. Reeves: We must make sure that our personal filter is the strongest. #keepitclean 
*Neil L. Andersen: Marriage is not only designed to satisfy adults, but to create families which are the treasures of heaven. #traditionalmarriage
*Henry B. Eyring: Oh, things will work out. #motto
*Russel M. Nelson: Courage not compromise brings the smile of God's approval. #50millionpeoplecanbewrong #totallywrong
*Richard G. Scott: Always seek to strengthen families. Always try to help families be sealed in the temple. #workingonit #janenneshoutout 
*Robert D. Hales: Obedience motivated by true love is what the Lord is looking for and what we must strive for. #ctr #comewhatmay #sensingatheme 
*Claudio D. Zivic: One day we will fall in love with the Gospel and we will no longer run away from lessons, but enjoy them instead. #washescottishorsouthamerican?
*W. Craig Zwick: Let's be real, I probably would have jumped out of the car too. #whatareyouthinking 
*Quentin L. Cook: And the prisoner shall go free. Isn't this a glorious doctrine? #baptismsforthedead #firstcorinthiansfifteen 
*Deider F. Uctdorf:  There is something in us that resists endings because we are made of the stuff of eternity. There are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings. #gratitude #probsmyfav 
*M. Russel Ballard: If we follow-up the Lord will not let us down. #rmdatinghabitsmakesomuchsensenow
*Jean M. Stevens: The Gospel is not weight, it is wings. #heartwrencher #sheissandrabullockofftheblindside
*Gary A. Stevensen: The 4 minute race of life. #goforgold #iwaswaitingforakatehansenshoutout
*David A. Bednar: Is the load I am carrying allowing me to create spiritual traction to get back to my Heavenly Father? #happybirthdayjesus 
*Thomas S. Monson: I've never yet felt a tinge of regret for being a little too kind. Amen to that. #ourbelovedprophet #LDSconf

I am so grateful we have a prophet on this earth. The entire time I was watching conference I was just thinking, "what would we do without him?". Ah, it is just a blessing to know what we know!

Otherwise, I am doing great. Transfers are coming up next week. I kissed the Eiffel Tower goodbye this morning, and went and saw the Tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte at Les Invalides. I am already bracing myself for my next companion because I don't know how I could have more fun with anyone! We are a dream team. But I know that anything is going to be great and I am ready to take it on. :)

Love you all. You are always in my prayers! 
Love, Soeur Johns

 les invalides. the french museum of war
les invalides. 

the tomb of little nappy himself
the beautiful soeur hosking 
I'm going to miss ma fille. 

goodbye my love.  
it was on my bucket list to lick it. it tasted like little Asian fingers. 
look the eiffel tower...again. 
the Poznanski's and I at General Conference 
Sister Andersen and I at the baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment